These questions come from: http://www.liveboldandbloom.com
I’ve been quite busy with work lately and so I haven’t been able to think of some real good topics to write about. So for this reason, I decided to let you get to know me. Sounds narcissistic but that’s not my intention hahah. If you want to know what kind of person I am, how I think, how “deep” I am willing to go into answering questions, then here you go! 30 Powerful Getting To Know You Questions.
If you’re reading this and think it’s a fun idea, maybe copy the questions and answer them, link your blog and I’ll read your answers, which will be fun for me as well ! ^^
1.What was your upbringing like?
* As in the way I was raised? Quite well. My mother was basically the only one who raised me and she has taught me things by letting me experience it myself. By that, I mean that if I wanted to do something and she didn’t agree on it, she’d let me do it(while always keeping her eye on me), and if it backfired on me I knew the consequences of it. So in harsh words: she let me fall down, get up and learn from it. Of course she stepped in from time to time if it were too crazy but that’s pretty much it.
2. If you had to describe yourself in five words, what would they be?
* I’d say: kind, chaotic, stubborn, loving and a bit crazy.
3. What accomplishment are you most proud of and why?
* Going to Taiwan by myself. I know it sounds lame maybe but I’ve never been one to be “adventurous”. I am a momma’s child and I am scared easily to take a big leap into the unknown. Taiwan was my first vacation ever to go alone as a young adult and most young adults from my country go on a vacation inside Europe. Here I was, all by myself, never flown before or traveled on my own, going to Asia. With absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of anything outside of Europe. I made it to Taiwan all by myself and back home with no help. I did it. And I panic easily so this was a very scary yet amazing accomplishment to me.
4. If you weren’t working in the job you have now, what would you do?
* I’d work back at my old job. Which I will be doing again in July anyways. I wouldn’t say I wouldn’t be working because when I work I get money. Which I can then use to save up for things I really want in my life. Like visiting my boyfriend and maybe one day, living there with him.
5. What’s on your bucket list?
* Many many things, I still want to visit Japan one day, America and see beautiful places with the one I love. I want to be able to say: I’ve no regrets.
6. What is one of your best memories from childhood?
* Christmas at my late grandmothers place. I miss her dearly but back then when I was a kid, my family was still together and happy. My grandmother had the biggest Christmas tree of the entire family and it just lit up the entire room at night. It was amazing.
7. If you could change something in the world, what would it be?
* I would erase religion. To me it seems like literally all the wars over the world were created by religion. Not all wars of course but I suppose it would be a start.
8. What makes you wildly happy?
* Talking about TY. I know it sounds so cliche and stupid but I’ve noticed that whenever I tell people about TY I get extremely happy and I cannot stop. I’m one of those people.
9. What would you most like to learn and why?
* Mandarin. Just so I can go to Taiwan and speak it for myself. And I could converse with TY’s parents. Which would give me bonus points of course.
10. What are your top fears? * My top fear is that I’ll die alone with nobody to mourn me. Well that got real dark real fast huh.
11. What are your top five favorite books of all time?
* I honestly don’t have a top five of books. I used to love reading when I was a kid but that’s now made way for movies and series. So eh, yeah there you go haha.
12. What music has most influenced you?
* Hmm, you know I dare not make up something for the sake of this post. So I’m going to be real honest and say: no music has never influenced me most. I’m sorry 😮
13. Which of your parents are you most like and why?
* I would want to say “just my mother” but that’s simply not true. Though my real father and I don’t talk anymore, I am realistic to realize there’s a lot of things we have in common. I’d say I’m most like my father. We both have this really weird sense of communication when in a friendship, we both love gaming and movies and we have the same characteristics.
14. How would you describe unconditional love?
* I’d describe it as being faithful to each other through thick and thin and going through bad times together but still remaining to hold on and keep fighting through it, together. I think when your partner and you finally go through something major and life changing in your relationship and you’ve moved past that(whether good or bad), and you’re still happily together, that’s unconditional love.
15. What are your top five personal values?
* Never follow the herd of sheep just because everyone else does.
* Live from day to day.
* Try to always see the positive in the negative.
* Forgive but never forget.
* Treat people the way you want to be treated.
16. What goals do you have for the next five years?
* Hopefully I’ll move to Taiwan, start a career and a life there with TY. And just become the person I’ve always wanted to be.
17. When do you feel the most confident and why?
* I know that most of these answers have to do with Taiwan or TY but bear with me. I honestly feel most confident when I’m around TY. Why? – because it’s only around him when I feel fearless and feel like I can do anything I want if only I try. With him I feel like nothing else matters except him and I. I feel like I can take on the world and haters don’t exist. He has a good influence on me.
18. What big life changes have you recently experienced?
* Once again: my relationship. I know I know, cheesy as it may all sound but really. Since I was a little girl I’ve always wanted a special someone and I had given up pretty much at age 18, thinking that being a hopeless romantic was giving me the wrong perceptions and ideas about love. I had given up and a year later I meet the one guy who truly turned my life around for the better. I never thought I could get the opportunity to be with someone like him because of my past. Yet I did. Though having an LDR is not something easy, I pride myself in having one because in some cases LDR couples are more fortunate than “regular” couples.
19. Are you happy with these changes? * Why yes of course.
20. How did those changes impact you?
* They’ve made me feel the happiest and secure I’ve ever been in my life thus far. I know I’m still young but like so many others, I’ve gone through a LOT when I was still very young. I feel special for having found TY and my new love for Taiwan. I feel special for having experienced this. I feel truly blessed and I’d like to believe this is the good karma I’m finally getting for going through so many hardships.
21. What do you feel passionate about?
* I feel passionate about my future. I truly want to invest all my time, efforts and money into it. No matter what comes my way or what people tell me. I will not be stopped.
22. If you were an animal, what would you be?
* Erm, I’d say a horse (: because they’re my favorite and because they’re always so gracefully and majestic.
23. What really gets under your skin and makes you mad?
* When people don’t take me seriously. I’m always one to fool around and joke, to see the positive in almost everything but when I am truly serious about something or some situation, a lot of times people don’t take me seriously. And they shrug it off as: “Ohh, that silly Naomi.”
24. What are some of your limiting beliefs?
* This has always been my biggest limiting belief and it still is up till this day. My most limiting belief is that I can’t seem to forget about the past. Lots of things have happened to me(as I’m sure have happened to others) and it still weighs heavily on me. It stops me from doing what I want to do sometimes, or stops me from becoming the person I want to become. Sometimes this clashes between TY and me. Because he tells me I can be whoever I want to be if I only try and he’d even be willing to help me. But for some odd, annoying reason I can never seem to do it because of past experiences. And I cannot explain it to him.
25. What is one of your most memorable dreams?
* It was actually a nightmare that turned into a dream. I often have weird dreams and remember them for a long time. This dream happened 3 years ago. In it, I was in a store buying a popsicle and my real father came in as well. All of a sudden the store clerk and the customers disappeared and it became real dark in the store. My father turned into a big black “entity” with flaming red eyes and started to choke me against the wall. I couldn’t do or say anything as the grip of his hands around my throat was getting stronger and stronger. When I was about to “die” something came over me and I stood up and became bigger and bigger, and full of light as my father(or dark entity) became smaller and smaller. Until eventually he disappeared and I was left alone with light radiating all around me. The reason why this is one of my most memorable dreams is because it was so vivid and felt so extremely real. I was experiencing the choking, the darkness that came over me and then the strength and light that came after. Until the nightmare turned into a dream. Up until this day I still don’t know exactly what it means but I’d love to find out.
26. If you could travel back in time, what timeframe would you visit and why?
* I always said the 1950’s but not too long ago I changed my mind. I wouldn’t want to travel back in time. I’m perfectly content with the world and time I live in now. I have Internet, which made me find my boyfriend, and back in the 1950’s or whatever time period it was awful come to think about it. Medical treatment wasn’t where it is today, traveling wasn’t, the way people thought was a lot different. Nah, I’m perfectly fine in the 21st century.
27. What is the most valuable life lesson you’ve ever learned?
* That you cannot control everything and please everyone. I’ve always been a very kind person I like to believe and I’ve let people walk over me countless of times. Because of this reason, I’ve hurt myself unintentionally by sticking with people who weren’t worthy of me. By allowing them to hurt me in the end. I’ve finally learned that not everyone is worthy of who you are or the life you’re living. And that sometimes, no matter how hard it may be, it’s best to leave them behind you as you will find that you’ll feel a 100 times better than you’ve felt before. That the shackles are now finally gone.
28. How do you handle anger?
* It all depends on what kind of anger, since I have a few kinds of anger. If it’s something small and unimportant, I’ll get over it pretty fast and I won’t get affected by it much. Then there’s the rage kind of anger I can have and I cannot for the life of me deal with that kind of anger. I just cannot. And lastly there’s the kind of anger where I just don’t do or say anything. Just sit back, let everything happen and I become this almost psychopath kind of person hahah. So erm, yeah. But I’m a nice person though! 🙈
29. What do you think happens when we die?
* I don’t think we dissolve and cease to exist. I truly believe our soul lives on. Whether that soul stays somewhere between life and death or moves on to a new life, I don’t know. But I don’t think we just disappear after we die.
30. What will be your legacy?
* I hope to be remembered as a good person. As a good daughter, a good wife, a good mother, all in all just a good person. Someone who has helped others, someone who left her mark on the world, in the shape of another person maybe. I just hope that when the time has come for me to leave this world, I won’t be alone. And I’ll be able to say: I’ve no regrets, I’ve lived and loved and seen beautiful things, places and people. I’ve seen the bad and the good and it has shaped me into who I was meant to be. I hope this will be my legacy and my ending.